Letters of Offer
The following templates contain the required elements for letters of offer. If you have questions regarding modifications please contact your HR Partner.
All employment letters must have department head and dean level signatures before being presented to the employee and also before the employee’s first day of work. Administrative Stipends have additional signatures that must also be obtained before the letter is presented to the employee.
Bracketed statements in the letter templates are optional or contingency language that may not apply to all appointments. Please remove bracketed statements if not applicable.
Make sure you always ask your prospective employees if they are working anywhere else on campus. This will help prevent employment conflicts such as loss of a graduate assistantship or personal services contract.
Full-Time Faculty - New!!!
- Tenure-Track Letter of Hire and Supplemental Letter
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Continuous Letter of Offer
- Fixed-Term Research Letter of Offer (grant funded)
- Fixed-Term Instructional Letter of Offer (non-grant funded)
- Non Tenure-Track Position Description
Academic Professionals - New!!!
- Unclassified Unrepresented Admin Letter of Offer
- Unclassified Unrepresented Faculty-Related Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Teaching Letter of Offer - UPDATED 8/31/2016!!!
- Adjunct Research (Salaried) Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Research (Hourly) Letter of Offer - UPDATED 8/29/2016!!!
- Adjunct Late Letter or Cancellation Form - NEW!
Temporary and Wage Employees
- FLSA Exemption Test Worksheet - Complete this worksheet PRIOR to issuing a Salaried Wage Agreement
- Hourly Wage Agreement Letter of Offer - UPDATED 9/20/2016!!!
- Salaried Wage Agreement Letter of Offer - UPDATED 9/20/2016!!!
- Temporary Classified Letter of Offer
- 12-month Graduate Assistantship Letter of Offer
- 9-month Graduate Assistantship Hiring Instructions
- Graduate Assistant Modification or Cancellation Form