The Portland State Institute for Asia Studies announces the establishment of -
This award provides up to $5,000 for 1-2 student scholarships to be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year, beginning summer or fall 2014.
Eligible applicants must -
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Be full-time enrolled or accepted for full-time enrollment at Portland State University, as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student;
- Be pursuing an academic program at PSU, or abroad, with a focus on Asia and/or Asian language studies1.
Selection priority will be given to:
- under-represented student(s)2,
- student(s) admitted to a PSU approved study abroad program in an Asian country1,
- student(s) who are a first-time visitor to the desired study-abroad country.
1 Students with an interest in Japan or Japanese language studies or who will study abroad to Japan are encouraged to apply for the scholarship offered by Center for Japanese Studies.
2Under-represented students include, but are not limited to: economically disadvantaged students, first-generation college students (neither parent has a four-year college degree from any country), students with disabilities and/or ethnic and racially diverse students.
Application deadline: Friday, May 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
This scholarship is made possible through the generousity of PSU scholarship supportors and Friends of PSU's Institute for Asian Studies.