In order to graduate through the Honors College, you must:
- Complete the Honors College requirements
- Complete requirements for your major(s) and minor(s)
- Have at least 180 credits
- Meet the residency requirement
Your Graduation Checklist
- Take HON 403: Thesis Seminar
- Submit Degree Application (due two terms prior to anticipated graduation date). See Applying for a Degree for specific dates and further information.
- Register for the thesis (2 credits if you'll be writing both winter and spring, 4-6 if you will be finishing the thesis in winter).
- Register for remaining thesis credits.
- Thesis is due by the 8th week of spring term. Please use this template for your title page.
Submit Thesis: Online
- Submit your Honors Graduation Form to the Honors College Office- one for each major (not necessary for a minor), must be signed by your major department head.
- Schedule your thesis presentation time.
- Attend to any outstanding grade issues. All course work should be completed and final grades recorded to ensure smooth processing of your degree application.
- Order Cap, Gown, Announcements, Class Ring. Representatives from Jostens visit campus to provide students with the opportunity to order regalia (cap and gown), graduation announcements, and class rings. Regalia is also available at the Portland State Bookstore.
Graduation and Commencement:
- Register for Commencement if you plan to attend a commencement ceremony. The registration process includes specifying the name on your diploma and ordering tickets for the spring ceremony. Online registration for Spring Commencement begins in January.
- Attend the Honors College Graduation Ceremony & Reception.