In order to graduate through the Honors College, you must:
- Complete the Honors College requirements
- Complete requirements for your major(s) and minor(s)
- Have at least 180 credits
- Meet the residency requirement
Spring 2014 Graduation
Honors Graduation Form
You must complete this degree evaluation form and have it signed by the department chair in your major department.
- Due to Nora by Friday, June 6th for spring graduation. Please give yourself at least a week or two to get this done as meeting with your adviser and the department chair will take more than a quick visit in most cases.
- Double Majors: You must do two forms, one for each major
- No form required for a minor
- Adviser signature: If there is a person in your major responsible for advising Honors students, this person should sign your form. If there is no such person, you can have your thesis adviser sign or your major adviser sign.
Honors Graduation Ceremony and Reception
- Thursday, June 12th, 2-4 pm in the Native American Student & Community Center
- Register to attend (you must log in with your pdx account)
- All students graduating through Honors Fall 2013-Fall 2014 are welcome to participate.
- Dress: No regalia is necessary for the Honors ceremony. At the ceremony, you will receive your Honors Stole. If you are unable to attend the Honors ceremony, you may pick up your stole in the Honors office the week of June 9th.
PSU Commencement is June 15th at the Moda Center.
- Starting Spring 2014, your diploma and transcript will say University Honors College rather than University Honors Program.
Your Graduation Checklist
- Take HON 403: Thesis Seminar in fall of your senior year or spring of your junior year.
- Submit Degree Application (due two terms prior to anticipated graduation date). See Applying for a Degree for specific dates and further information.
- Register for the thesis (3-4 credits if you'll be writing both winter and spring, 6-8 if you will be finishing the thesis in winter) in the Honors office.
- Click here for: By Arrangement Forms.
- By Arrangement Thesis Instructions.
- Register for the thesis (6-8 credits, or 3-4 credits if you registered for thesis credits in winter) in the Honors College office.
- Thesis is due by the 8th week of spring term. Please use this template for your title page.
Submit Thesis: Online
- Submit your Honors Graduation Form to the Honors College Office- one for each major (not necessary for a minor), must be signed by your major department head.
- In May, schedule your thesis presentation time in the Honors College office. Spring 2013 thesis presentation dates are 5/27, 5/28 and 5/29.
- Attend to any outstanding grade issues. All course work should be completed and final grades recorded to ensure smooth processing of your degree application.
- Order Cap, Gown, Announcements, Class Ring. Representatives from Jostens visit campus to provide students with the opportunity to order regalia (cap and gown), graduation announcements, and class rings. Regalia is also available at the Portland State Bookstore.
Graduation and Commencement:
- Register for Commencement if you plan to attend a commencement ceremony. The registration process includes specifying the name on your diploma and ordering tickets for the spring ceremony. Online registration for Spring Commencement begins in January.
- Attend the Honors College Graduation Ceremony & Reception on Thursday, June 12 from 2-4 pm at the Native American Student Community Center (NASCC).