In order to graduate with University Honors from PSU, you must:
- Complete the Honors College requirements, including the senior thesis project
- Complete requirements for your major(s) and minor(s)
- Earn at least 180 credits, including 72 upper division credits
- Complete requirements for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, or Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Earn a cumulative PSU GPA of 3.25 or higher
Your Honors Graduation Checklist:
Fall (or three terms before you graduate):
- Take HON 403: Thesis Prospectus
- Meet with Brianna Avery, Honors Academic Adviser and your major adviser(s) to make sure you are on track to graduate.
- Submit Degree Application to Degree Requirements in Neuberger Hall (due two terms prior to anticipated graduation date). See Applying for a Degree for specific dates and further information.
Winter (or two terms before you graduate):
- Register for HON 403: thesis continuation workshop
Spring (or term that you graduate):
- Register for any remaining thesis credits.
- Schedule your thesis presentation time.
DUE BY FRIDAY, WEEK 8
- Thesis: Please use this template for your title page.
Honors Graduation Ceremony & PSU Commencement
RSVP for the 2016 Honors Ceremony
Honors holds a separate ceremony to celebrate your achievement on Thursday. PSU Commencement is a separate ceremony and you must register to attend.
- Register for PSU's Commencement if you plan to attend the PSU commencement ceremony at the Moda Center on Sunday, June 12, 2016. The registration process includes specifying the name on your diploma and ordering tickets for the spring ceremony. Online registration for Spring Commencement begins in January.
- Attend the UHC Graduation Ceremony & Reception: June 9, 2016 2:30-5 pm in the SMSU Ballroom. Students graduating in Fall '15, Winter '16, Spring '16, or Summer '16 are welcome to participate.
- Regalia: Regalia (cap and gown) is not required for the Honors College ceremony but IS worn for the PSU commencement ceremony. Order tassel colors appropriate for your major. If you walk in PSU Commencement, you will walk with your major. When you are ordering regalia, there is a drop down box to select an honors status. This option will appear on your graduation invitations. Selecting "University Honors" is appropriate for all Honors College students. This selection does not impact your regalia purchase (other than your invitations) or honors status at PSU- all honors cords and the Honors College stole are awarded independently from this box.
- Honors Graduation Stole: Honors presents each of our graduates with a stole at our ceremony. If you cannot attend the ceremony on June 9th and want to pick up your stole before PSU Commencement, drop by the Honors College office any time during finals week or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latin Honors: Latin Honors is separate from the Honors College and awarded based on your GPA. If you are awarded latin honors, you will receive an honors cord.
Check the PSU Graduation page for a similar, non-Honors specific check list.