New First Year Students
- Minimum qualifications: 3.5 High School GPA OR 1200 (Critical Reading + Math) score on the SAT OR 26 ACT score.
- Deadline Update: We have a few spaces remaining for Fall term. We will continue to accept applications while spaces remain.
Transfer students and Current PSU students
- Minimum qualifications: 3.25 GPA in previous college course work.
- Applications for Winter 2015, Spring 2015, Summer 2015, and Fall 2015 accepted through the form below.
- Current/Transfer deadlines: Summer 2015- June 1, Fall 2015- July 1. Applications for Winter 2016 will open August 1 with a deadline of December 1, 2015.
Applications for 2015:
In this application, you will need to answer the following essay questions (minimum of 250 words for each).
- Diversity is defined as “the condition of being different.” Often diversity is seen as only an issue of race or culture. Consider other aspects of diversity and discuss what you bring to the diversity of the Urban Honors College.
- What is the most important city in the world and why? You might consider contemporary cities or cities of the past.
- Optional essay for Sustainability Scholarship* (for first year applicants only): It has been suggested that we have surpassed the earth’s ability to sustain our current levels of population growth and consumption; resource scarcity and environmental degradation are predicted. How should universities and students work to address this challenge? How important is sustainability to your educational and career plans?
*This essay will help us select Sustainability Scholars for the 2015-16 academic year.