How to Apply to Urban Honors
- I am a prospective first-year or transfer student and I have not yet submitted an application to PSU - Apply by completing the PSU application and answering three Honors-specific essay questions.
- I have applied to PSU and now I want to apply for the Honors College
- I am a current student at PSU
Urban Honors Admissions Deadlines and Qualifications
New First-Year Students for Fall 2016
- Minimum qualifications: 3.5 High School GPA OR 1200 (Critical Reading + Math) score on the SAT OR 26 ACT score.
Priority Deadline: December 1, 2015
Regular Deadline: February 1, 2016
Transfer Students and Current PSU Students
- Minimum qualifications: 3.25 GPA in previous college course work.
- Transfer students and current PSU students may apply for admission to the Urban Honors College in any term.
Fall 2015: August 31, 2015
Winter 2016: December 1, 2015
Spring 2016: February 1, 2016
Summer 2016: May 1, 2016
Fall 2016: June 1, 2016
In this application, you will need to answer the following essay questions (minimum of 250 words for each). We suggest you write/edit your responses in a separate document and paste them into the online application.
- Why do you want to join the Urban Honors College at Portland State University?
- Identity and culture are clearly intertwined. How have your cultural experiences influenced the development of your own personal identity?
- Today, for the first time in history, more than half of the people in the world live in cities. Describe a problem related to the Urban Environment you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.