There are many resources listed below to help you if you are thinking about quitting smoking. For more check out the online Tobacco Cessation wellness resource page. If you have any tips that helped you or someone you know quit, be sure to contact us via our online contact form and let us know so we can add it to this page.
Cost of Smoking Calculator
Smoking is expensive and the costs keep rising. Use this calculator to figure out how much you are spending a month, and then start thinking about what you could do with the money you will save if you decide to quit.
- Become an EX Smoker - "EX is a whole new way to think about quitting smoking - it's about re-learning life without cigarettes. We can help you learn how to do everything you currently do while smoking cigarettes, but without them. The free EX quit smoking plan is based on personal experiences from ex-smokers, as well as the latest scientific research from the experts at Mayo Clinic. Whether this is your first try to quit smoking or your 10th, the free EX plan can help you stop smoking."
- Cost of Smoking Calculator - Use this easy online calculator tool to see how much you could end up saving if you quit smoking.
- Determined to Quit - Offers not just help with figuring out your motivations to quit, how to quit and resources but includes the "Quit Companion". This tool is web based or mobile phone based and alllows you to track your progress, invite friends/family in to leave you supportive messages and even send you text messages during times that are the hardest parts of the day, plus more. Check it out!
- Familydoctor.org - Steps to help you break the smoking habit.
- Free and Clear - Some of the information you'll find here includes: Information for those who want to support someone who is or isn't ready to stop smoking, materials to help understand and identify your readiness to stop smoking, the benefits of quitting tobacco, a special calculator to figure your savings once you quit, quitting tips and relevant news/information.
- Freedom from Smoking - "Freedom From Smoking® Online, or FFS Online, is a program specifically designed for adults, like you, who want to quit smoking. It’s an adaptation of the American Lung Association’s gold standard, group clinic that has helped thousands of smokers to quit for good."
- Joe Chemo - A camel who wishes he'd never smoked. A guide to quitting with lots of useful links -- see the one to BadAds.
- MyLastDip.com - Free and available 24 hours a day. Made specifically for young adult chewers. Developed by experts in smokeless tobacco. Based on proven and effective methods that have been tested by thousands of smokeless tobacco users.
- Nicotine Anonymous - Looking for a support group? "Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine."
- Oregon Tobacco Quit Line - The Oregon Tobacco Quit Line is a free telephone service available to all Oregon residents who want to stop using tobacco. The Quit Line offers you free quitting information, one-on-one telephone counseling, and referrals for you or a loved one. They also have links to other informational websites.
- QuitNet - Learn from their science-based smoking cessation resources. Get quitting tips and advice from expert counselors. Get support from the QuitNet community and create your own quit smoking plan.
- Smoke Free Oregon - "This site features a directory of smoke-free establishments and other resources to help you make healthy, smoke-free choices."