Political Science Tracks
Political science majors wanting a more directed course of study may choose between two optional tracks: (i) politics of diversity and (ii) politics of conflict and cooperation. These optional tracks require that the student work closely with a faculty advisor in selecting political science and other courses comprising a common theme. When planning their coursework, students are encouraged to focus on the American experience, regional or global perspectives, or theory. Students also research and write a final paper on a topic that has peaked their interest in the course of their studies.
A political science major in either track requires 60 credits of coursework, 16 of which are from outside the discipline:
- PS 200 - Introduction to Politics (4 credits
- upper division courses in political science (32 credits)
- upper division courses outside political science (16 credits)
- PS 401 - Research (4 credits)
- PS 407 - Seminar (4 credits)