Office: URBN 650G
Lindsay J. Benstead is Associate Professor of Political Science in the Mark O. Hatfield School of Government at Portland State University, Contributing Scholar in the Women’s Rights in the Middle East Program at Rice University, and Affiliated Scholar in the Program on Governance and Local Development (GLD) at the University of Gothenburg and Yale University. She serves as Kuwait Visiting Professor at SciencesPo in Paris (fall 2016). Benstead has conducted surveys in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Jordan and contributes to the Transitional Governance Project. Her research has appeared in Perspectives on Politics, International Journal of Public Opinion Research, Governance, and Foreign Affairs. She holds a Ph.D. in Public Policy and Political Science from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and served as a fellow at Yale University and Princeton University. For more on her research, see https://pdx.academia.edu/LindsayBenstead
- PS 507/607, "Politics and Policy of the Middle East"
- PS 495/595, "Research Methods for Political Science" (Online and hybrid)
- PS 473/573, "Government and Politics of Arab North Africa"
- PS 410/510, "Democratization and Authoritarianism in the Middle East and North Africa"
- PS 361U, "Introduction to Middle East Politics"
- PS 362U, "Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and Peace Process" (Online and hybrid)
- UNST 233/INTL 247, "Sophomore Inquiry: Global Perspectives Middle East"