MSFA GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
The Graduate Business Programs Admissions Committee recommends taking the GMAT or GRE as a general policy. Waivers are assessed competitively and holisticly, and therefore, are rarely granted. Minimum requirements to apply for the waiver do not guarantee a waiver will be granted. Students who do not meet the criteria below are not eligible for a GMAT or GRE waiver. For the MSFA program, applicants must have the following to apply for a GMAT or GRE waiver:
- BA or BS in Business or Accounting from Portland State University with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters or higher) with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher; or undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- At least seven years of substantial managerial, professional, or combined work experience.
- Managerial experience is defined as work experience in which the primary duty includes the overall responsibility for an enterprise, subdivision, department or similar independent or quasi-independent organization. (e.g. Director, VP, CIO, President, etc).
- Professional experience is work that requires advanced knowledge acquired by a prolonged course of specialized study and involves work that is predominately intellectual and varied in character. Examples would include engineers, medical doctors, dentists, psychologists, lawyers, and certified public accountants.
To apply for the GMAT/GRE Exam Waiver:
Please submit a resume and unofficial transcripts from all universities and colleges attended to email@example.com with the subject line "GMAT/GRE Waiver Petition for MSFA: Last Name, First Name". From the date of a submitted petition with all required materials, you will receive a final decision from our committee via e-mail within two weeks.