MS in Financial Analysis Electives
To complete the MSFA program, students must select 8 elective credits to gain a more in-depth prospective on finance and accounting.
The School of Business Administration at Portland State University, in conjunction with the CFA Society of Portland, is proud to offer our finance students a unique portfolio management experience.
There are elective courses available to MSFA students interested in applied portfolio management. The ongoing project for these classes is to manage a six-figure fund of capital provided through the CFA Society of Portland. Proceeds from the investment profits fund financial education scholarships at Portland State University, the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, the University of Portland, and Washington State University. In 2011, Portland State University was the top performing school according to the DA Davidson Student Investment Program.
Elective options include:
- Forensic Accounting: ACTG 507 (4)
- Advanced Taxation: ACTG 522s (4)
- Government & Nonprofit Accounting: ACTG 530 (2)
- Business Law: ACTG 585s (4)
- Auditing Concepts & Practices: ACTG 592s (4)
- Introduction to Econometrics: EC 569 (4)
- Econometrics: EC 570 (4)
- Real Estate Finance I: RE 521 (4)
- Real Estate Finance II: RE 522 (4)
- Time Series & Forecasting: ISQA 515 (1)
- Alliances & Acquisitions: MGMT 533 (2)
- International Business Negotiations: MIM 577 (3)
- Nonprofit Fundraising: PA 526 (3)
- Internship: A/F504 (1 - 9)
- Study Abroad in France (4)
- Courses from other specialization tracks (2-4)
Advising is available for students who want to customize electives to target specialized career paths. Please contact the MSFA Academic Director for academic and elective advising and the Career Development Advisor for career advising.
Schedule is subject to change.