Master of International Management
Leading the Way in Asia Pacific Rim Business Education
PSU's Master of International Management (MIM) Program is a leader in graduating uniquely qualified business professionals. Providing leadership within the rapidly growing Pacific Rim markets, MIM graduates can be confident in their intensive business education grounded in a solid business curriculum enhanced by cross-cultural communication, language training in Mandarin Chinese or Japanese, and Asian field study.
The MIM degree is offered as a full-time program, and can be completed in 15 months. By following this schedule, MIM students enter into a cohort learning model during the fall and then proceed together through the same coursework throughout the program. The cohort system provides practice for students in progressive team-oriented business models that emphasize collaboration. The cohort also provides academic and social support for students as they meet their curriculum objectives in a group format rather than as isolated members.
MIM tuition and fees are based on the number of credit hours that each International Management student is enrolled in; students are billed quarterly.
- Communications Fluency: rigorous business curriculum is paired with intercultural competencies, including 150 hours of language training in Mandarin Chinese or Japanese.
- Business Leadership: many classes taught by current industry leaders for maximum exposure to “real world” issues .
- Classroom Diversity: Students currently enrolled in the full time MIM program come from around the world. Almost half of the current class are international students from homelands across Asia. The MIM program’s cultural composition is mirrored by PSU’s diverse general student body which serves students from all 50 states and 91 countries. MIM students benefit from this diverse environment and the opportunities it provides for language practice, cross-cultural exchange, and global perspectives.
- Cultural Immersion: program tuition includes a 3-week Asian study tour (and 4th week option in SE Asia) through business capitals in Japan, China, and Vietnam.
Choosing a MIM degree gives you a competitive edge in today’s global business marketplace.
- International Business Curriculum: students complete a core of specialized finance, management, and marketing courses through the uniquely developed international business curriculum.
- International Research Project: Each student commits to a 200 hour employer and client-based, real-world training experience through an international consulting project.
- Focused Specializations: Students select one of three specializations in Global Marketing, Global Supply Chain Management, or International Finance.
Stay connected in the MIM program.
- Career Resources: students have access to a full array of career management resources.
- Alumni Connections: alumni networking opportunities help students prepare for long-term success.
- Networking: students enjoy sharing their experiences and staying connected inside and outside the classroom as well as through the student blog and Facebook pages.