International Consulting Project
Portland State's exclusive International Business Research Project is the culminating International Consulting Project of the MIM Program. This project achieves several important goals:
- students apply their MIM skills to an actual business project
- students learn from and work with current or prospective employers
- potential employers preview possible job candidates
- participating businesses receive graduate-level, international management consultation on an issue unique to them
Some project groups prepare recommendations for local companies with international business concerns. Other students travel abroad to conduct market research. A member of the participating company will be in frequent contact with the team, and the project culminates in a written report and oral presentation to the company’s designate and the PSU MIM Program Director.
Starting late spring through the end of fall term, small student teams commit to 8-12 weeks and 600-900 hours of work to complete their project. Projects vary based on the client’s needs and students' field of specialization, but all enhance practical expertise.
Current students, click here for course details and prenofication form.
Companies and organizations that have benefited from MIM International Research Projects:
- Cabin Air Technologies
- Everclear/ Dynamic Drain
- Globe Sherpa
- LG International
- M3 Wave Energy Systems
- Mountain HardWear/ Columbia Sportswear
- North Pacific
- Portland Energy Conservation Inc.
- Portland General Electric
- Tyco Electronics