Application Process & Requirements
Applying to Portland State University is a two-step process which involves submitting application materials to both Portland State University’s Office of Admissions and the Graduate Business Programs department.
Once your application is started, an admissions coordinator will contact you to assist you with questions during the process.
Complete the University requirements
For questions, contact Portland State University's Admissions Office.
Complete the PSU Graduate Application Form
Please note the following:
- The School of Business Administration admits Graduate Business Program applicants in the Fall term only.
- A $50 USD non-refundable Application Fee will be required in this applicaiton.
The fee is good for one year. You may pay by credit card online.
- To be admitted to PSU for the purpose of a graduate business degree, applicants must satisfy University requirements and be accepted to the department. Follow this link to view all university admissions requirements.
International Students ONLY
- Please follow these links for additional application requirements:
- Minimum Academic Requirements for Inernational Graduate Students
- PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirements
Complete the Department requirements
For questions, contact the School of Business Administrations Graduate Business Program's Office.
Complete the Graduate Business Program Application
- Two (2) Professional/Academic References
Applicants are required to document the contact information of two professional and/or academic references through the online application.
- Unofficial Transcript from each College or University Attended
Transcripts should be uploaded through the online application. Applicants are required to submit transcripts from all institutions attended; this includes community colleges and may include institutions attended as part of a study abroad program.
- Transcripts should reflect:
- The equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher, or a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher based on 9 or more graduate credits.
- Transcripts should reflect:
- Official GMAT or GRE Score Report
- All applicants must complete either the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years. Please have your official score sent to Portland State University by using one of the following institution codes:
- Click here for the GMAT or GRE Exam waiver policy information.
- For GMAT test preparation and appointment information, please click here.
- For GRE test preparation and appointment information, please click here.
- TOEFL or IELTS score
For students who are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS, please email a copy of your unofficial score report to email@example.com.
For the MBA program, the final step in the admissions process is an interview. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and are a required part of the application process. Depending on your geographic location, you will either be invited for an in-person interview on campus or a phone interview from your current location.