You may be concerned about capital gains tax on the sale of your appreciated property. Or perhaps you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement. A charitable remainder unitrust might offer the solutions you need!
- Income for life, lives, or term of years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Potential charitable deduction for remainder portion of your gift
- Future legacy gift to Portland State University
A charitable remainder unitrust pays you income that reflects trust investments. There is the potential that your income could increase over time with growth in the trust.
How to Select the Right Unitrust Payout for You
There are several unitrust payout options to meet your needs:
- The standard unitrust pays out a percentage of the trust assets each year
- Another option, commonly used for real estate, permits the trust to sell the property tax free and then begin paying you income after the property has been sold