Charitable Gift Annuity
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or in the future? Are you tired of living with fluctuating markets? One solution is a charitable gift annuity.
How it Works
- A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Portland State University.
- You transfer property to us. In exchange, we pay you fixed income for life.
- Your fixed income may be quite high, depending on your age.
A portion of your fixed income may be tax free. You may receive a charitable deduction for your gift and the satisfaction of furthering the mission of Portland State University.
- If you fund your gift with cash, a significant portion of your annuity income may be tax free.
- If you fund your gift with appreciated securities, you may avoid some capital gains tax.
Current Gift Annuity: Receive Payments Now
If you desire current income, you may transfer property and receive a fixed income beginning as early as this year. You may also receive a current charitable deduction for the value of your gift.
Deferred Gift Annuity: Receive Future Payments
Perhaps you would like to defer income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity, and may receive a current charitable deduction and a future fixed income. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment may be higher than with a current annuity.