The mission of the Oregon Geographic Alliance is to improve and sustain geography education in Oregon.
What we do
- Identify strong local leaders to create a network for improvement.
- Support teacher inservice activities.
- Develop a broad range of geography education teaching materials.
- Conduct research into the application of innovative technologies in geographic education.
- Work with and encourage school districts committed to improving K-12 geographic education.
- Cultivate support from the public and private sectors.
- Develop links with other academic disciplines. Generate additional financial resources for geography education.