Short Term Loans
PLEASE NOTE: Short-term/Emergency loans are available M-Th 9:00-5, F 9:00-4:30. During Reg Week, hours of availability are M-Th 8:00-5:30, F 9:00-4:30
As of July 1, 2012, Short Term Loan funds are sent to Higher One and distributed via the student's chosen refund preference the following day.
Program Eligibility - Currently Enrolled PSU Students:
- Student must be enrolled in the current term (this includes Summer) and
- Have paid one third of tuition, fees, and housing for the current term (half for Summer term) or have been “awarded” financial aid, and
- Have NO past due (previous term) outstanding balances, and
- Have no other short term loans outstanding.
- Short Term Emergency Student Loans are not available to students who are also regular University employees working more than .5 FTE (this does not apply to student employees).
- There is a limit of two short term loans per term, No Exceptions
- Also, if a previous short term loan was paid off by Financial Aid, students will not be eligible for a new loan until the first day of classes.
- If a student is applying for a fourth short term loan in an academic year, a meeting with the Revenue Agent is required before issuance.
- There is a mandatory service fee associated with this loan based on the amount of the short term loan issued. Short term loans are available in the following amounts:
- PSU One Card must be presented at the time of application.
- Short term loans are available to students a week before the 1st day of classes through the Friday before finals week.
Emergency Short Term Loan Disbursement Dates
|Fall 2013||9/23/2013 - 12/8/2013|
|Winter 2013||12/30/2013 - 3/16/2014|
|Spring 2014||3/24/14 - 6/8/2014|
||6/16/2014 - 8/8/2014|