Returned Checks and Stop Payment Checks
Consequences of a returned check:
- $25 Returned Check Fee (regardless of reasoning)
- Amount of check charged back to your student account
- Returned Check Hold (prevents further registration activity)
- Every student is allowed two (2) returned checks before they can no longer pay with a check unless they petition the restriction.
- If a student has two (2) returned checks, they must pay with cashier checks, money orders, or certified checks. Online payments can also be made with a debit card or Visa/MC (additional 2.75% charged per transaction).
- PSU is not responsible for bank charges on returned checks
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR CHECK IS RETURNED TO PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY AS NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS YOU MAY BE DROPPED FROM YOUR CURRENT AND FUTURE CLASS REGISTRATIONS.
Our ability to accept paper and electronic checks as payment from you will be suspended if two checks are returned. Subsequently, all future payments must be made in cash or with cashier checks, money orders, or certified checks. Online payments can also be made with a debit card or Visa/MC.