Financial Holds Policy
If you are unable to access your PSU student account online, you may have a transcript or registration hold. To view your active holds, log into your Banweb account. Select the Student Services tab | select Student Account | select View Holds.
Types of Holds
Registration & Transcript Holds are placed on accounts under any of the following circumstances:
- Prior term balance is greater than $0.00 (zero).
- Account payment is past due on the 2nd or 3rd installment of the PSU Payment Plan
- Current term balance is greater than $250 for accounts enrolled in restricted differential tuition courses (formerly known as self support courses) 4 weeks into the term.
- Unsatisfied Perkins Loan requirements exist.
- Account has been transferred to a collection agency.
- Account has a stop payment or returned check payment.
- Account has been written off for active collection.
If you have a registration hold and you’ve recently paid your balance in full, your hold will be removed automatically by the next business day. No further effort is needed on your part. If you need your hold removed immediately after payment, call the Student Accounts Office at 503-725-3440, and choose option 1 from the phone menu.
Transcript Holds are placed on accounts when the 2nd or 3rd payment plan installments are not paid in full. The missed payment must be paid in full in order to have the transcript hold removed.
Diploma Holds are placed on accounts with an outstanding balance or that have unsatisfied Perkins requirements. Diplomas will not be released until accounts have been paid in full and all Perkins requirements are met.
Perkins Holds are placed on accounts that have not completed a Perkins Exit-Interview or that are delinquent. Transcripts and diplomas will not be released on accounts with a Perkins hold until the Exit-Interview is completed of the delinquency has been resolved.
Current Address Holds are placed on accounts with invalid addresses and/or returned mail. The address on file with the university must be updated before the hold can be removed.
For a list of important financial dates and deadlines please refer to the Academic Calendar.
Please feel free to contact our office for more information.