Fixed Asset Accounting (Property Control)
The Fixed Asset Accounting (Property Control) team provides support to the PSU community by administering and processing transactions involving Fixed Assets Accounting and Risk Management Claim Settlements.
As a unit within Campus Accounting Services, Fixed Asset Accounting supports the University's mission of instruction and research by providing efficient and effective business services for PSU faculty, staff and students. Our goals are to manage and secure PSU material assets, ensure that PSU business transactions are conducted in accordance with all applicable regulations, policies, procedures and sound business practices, and create and nurture a working environment that enables each employee to contribute to the maximum of his/her abilities to the overall mission of the division and Portland State University.
Fixed Asset (Property Control) Accounting Services
- Maintain centralized inventory control
- Maintain Banner Fixed Assets and Access Database
- Reconcile Banner Finance (FIS) and Fixed Assets monthly
- Maintain PSU property loan agreements and personal property loan agreements
- Maintain various forms related to property transfers, additions, deletions, and adjustments
- Property Disposition Requests: removal or trade-in of PSU-owned equipment
- Coordinate and assist departments with inventory of capitalized equipment
- Risk Management: maintain records related to replacement and recovery of PSU property/equipment; monitor cost recovery for losses covered by PSU property insurance
Frequently Used Forms and Procedures
- Equipment Loan Agreement
- Fixed Asset Transfer Form
- PSU Loss/Theft/Damage Report
- Report of Gift or Grant
- Miscellaneous Personal Property Loan Agreement
||M - F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.