The Cashiers team provides support to the PSU community by accepting payments for student tuition and deposits from University departments, and adjusts authorized rate and activity code changes. The Cashier Department supervises charge card sales and is responsible for web balancing. Other functions include filling change order requests, box office ticket inventory, and the processing of charges and refunds from university departments. In summary, the Cashier Department is responsible for cash management and provides consolidated banking for the university, while assuring deposits are in compliance with state, OUS, and PSU regulations. We coordinate the functions and responsibilities with those of other Business Offices and University departments. Access to the Cashiers area is restricted to Cashiers staff and other appropriate Student Financial Services staff in order to provide the highest level of protection for the assets of the University.
Department Deposit Procedures & Service Improvements
- Departmental Services window to open May 1, 2007. more>>
- More Cashiers Available: To reduce wait times, cashiers at all windows can now process departmental deposits. more>>
- Department Responsibility: Departments must make deposits in compliance with OUS and state regulations. See Cash Deposits Policy. more>>
- Cashier Responsibility: There are strict internal control procedures governing cash deposits. more>>
- Untimely or Missing Deposits: For questions or concerns about untimely or missing deposits, contact the Bursar's Office accounting staff at 5-3670.
To provide exemplary service to the PSU community and maintain the highest level of competency in ensuring receipt of payments and deposits, and that transactions are recorded and processed in a timely and accurate manner to student, department, and staff accounts.
- Accept and record student payments on account
- Accept deposits from University departments
- Provide assistance to students by researching account activity
- Distribute faculty, staff, and student monthly payroll checks and earning statements
- Provide cash vault services to departments including change order request
- Box office ticket distribution and inventory
- Rate and activity code changes
- Refund and charge applications as directed by university departments
Hours of Operation
|First week of each term||
|Fall, Winter and Spring Terms||
|Summer Term and between terms||
Office hours are subject to change during Winter Holiday break.