Search Google Appliance

Petitions and Appeals

It is necessary to complete petitions or appeals when your financial aid is suspended, you make enrollment changes after the Census Date, your grades are changed after your financial aid is suspended, or you are considered a dependent according to the FAFSA but you may meet the requirements for a dependency override to become in independent. See below for more information:

Satisfactory Academic Progress Petition | 2014/2015 (pdf, 61.6kb)

This petition is for students whose eligibility for financial aid is in Suspended status due to any of these reasons: (1) having passing grades for less than 67% of attempted credits (low completion rate); (2) having a cumulative PSU GPA that is below 2.00 for undergraduate or post-baccalaureate students or 3.00 for graduate students; (3) totally withdrawing twice within the Add/Drop period during the academic year; or (4) failing to meet the requirements imposed when a previous petition was approved. Use the 2008-09 form to request reinstatement of aid for summer 2009. Use the 2009-10 form to request reinstatement of aid beginning fall 2009 or later.

Census Date Disbursement Appeal (pdf, 83kb) Census Date

If your financial aid for the current term has been reduced as a result of your enrollment at the university census date, you may be eligible to receive all, or part, of this money again, if your registration resulted from a documentable university error. Submit this form along with pertinent documentation within two weeks of the Census Date for the term you are appealing and we will review your request.

Maximum Enrollment Limit Petition | 2014/2015 (pdf, 46.3 kb)

There is a maximum enrollment limit for students receiving federal student aid, based on degree or program of study (see the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for details). You can use this form to request an extension of aid if you have reached the enrollment limit for your degree or program of study.

Dependency Override Petition (pdf, 34kb)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) states the criteria used to determine if a student's parent(s) must provide information on the aid application. If the FAFSA instructs you to provide parental information, but you have special family circumstances which prevent your parent(s) from completing the form, you may use this petition.

Academic Update (pdf, 13 kb) | use this from to update financial aid with grade changes.

Graduate Academic Progress Petition|  2014/2015
Graduate students must take courses that apply to their degree or certificate. At least 67% of all credits enrolled each academic year must be in graduate level courses. This petition is for students who have not met the requirement of enrolling in graduate level credits for at least 67% of their total enrollment for the academic year.