Facts about veteran benefits
Facts about veteran benefits:
- A veteran is a person who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and was released under an honorable condition. (See the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for a more detailed definition.)
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), not PSU, determines your eligibility for veterans education benefits.
- The Office of Student Financial and Scholarships and the Office of Veteran Services will help you to take a full advantage of the programs, services, and benefits available by:
- Processing your paperwork for VA claims so you'll receive your payments on time
- Certifying your student enrollment for the VA
- Preparing the necessary forms for unit or address changes
- Stop by the Veterans Services Office for assistance so you receive your benefit claims as soon as possible.