We would like to share other fellowships that, while not directly supported by Portland State, are funding opportunities we encourage students to investigate and apply for.
Undergraduate & Graduate:
- Scholarships for study abroad students from the Office of International Affairs
- 2013-2015 National Directory of Scholarships, Internships, and Fellowships for Asian American and Pacific Islander Students (PDF)
- Scholarships that do not require proof of U.S. citizenship from the Educators for Fair Consideration (PDF)
- DAAD Scholarships for study in Germany
- FBI Honors Internship Program for students interested in a career with the FBI (year to year availability based on available funding)
- Cultural Vistas Fellowship for 8-week summer internship abroad
- Harvard Forest Research Program for conducting ecological research over the summer
- UK Summer Institutes for an opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University
- OHSU Summer Equity Research Program for economically and/or socially disadvantaged students interested in research, medicine, nursing, or dentristy
- PSU Research Experience for Undergraduates for summer research with PSU faculty (female, veteran, and minority students are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Amgen Scholars Program at the University of Washington for students interested in conducting biotechnology-related summer research
- External (non-PSU) scholarships available to graduate students from the Office of Graduate Studies
- JKCF Dissertation Fellowship Award for high-achieving students from low-income backgrounds
- Fulbright-Clinton Fellowship for service in foreign ministry in select countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship for study at the University of Cambridge
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) for study of science and engineering
- State Policy Fellowship Program for tackling domestic policy challenges and promoting reform
Post Graduate Service Opportunities:
- Peace Corps - Peace Corps volunteers serve for two years (plus three months of training) in over 70 countries worldwide.
- HealthCorps - HealthCorps Coordinators commit to two years of service to work full-time in a designated high school and community, providing a holistic and relevant view of the role health plays in students' lives.
- Teach For America - Teach For America corpsmembers are hired as regular, full-time, first-year teachers in under-resourced schools throughout the country (usually in very urban or rural locations).