Search Google Appliance


The institution I attended issues only one original transcript or degree certificate. Should I submit that to Portland State when applying for admission?
No, please do not submit your original copy of a transcript or degree certificate to the Admissions office. Instead, send a photocopy of the original document to the institution that issued it, requesting that they attest the document. They will verify the photocopy against their records, place their institutional stamp or seal on the document (thereby attesting its accuracy), seal the document in an institutional envelope and affix the institution's stamp or seal to the envelope closure. They may send the sealed envelope directly to the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records or you may submit the unopened envelope to the office in person. See the Policy on Official Documents for further information.