Unfortunately, we are unable to waive the $50 application fee. If you are a prospective undergraduate student you may be eligible to defer the fee using the OUS Fee Deferral option when you submit your PSU admission application.
Freshman Applicants - To be eligible, an applicant should meet ANY of these family income and general program requirements:
- Free or reduced school lunch program
- TRIO-type college preparatory programs (e.g., Upward Bound, Talent Search, EOC, HEP)
- Oregon or other U.S. public assistance program whether or not the student was ever actually a program participant
- Eligible for College Board fee waiver
Transfer Applicants - To be eligible, an applicant should meet ANY of these requirements:
- Be a current participant in an Equal Opportunity Program (EOP), TRIO or other similar program at the college or university currently attending
- Be in high need of financial aid
- Be on Oregon or U.S. public assistance program (food stamps only, or food stamps, cash, and medical assistance)
- Be a dislocated worker
- Be authorized and certified for entrance or re-entrance into rehabilitation
If you are eligible for the fee deferral, please print and complete the OUS Fee Deferral Form. You must submit the form and required documentation to the Office of Admissions before your application will be processed.
If you are not eligible for the fee deferral, please note that the $50 application fee is non-refundable. If you decide after applying and paying the fee that you'd like to cancel your application, we cannot refund the fee.