Portland State University or an employee of PSU, in the normal conduct of a program/activity, may serve as host for official guests of the institution by paying for their meals, refreshments, transportation or other expenses. Below are the links to the PSU/OUS policies.
Official guests may include:
- Recruitment candidates
- Visiting scientists, dignitaries
- Guest speakers
The approved rates are:
- Breakfast - $10
- Lunch - $15
- Dinner - $30
The following documentation is required for reimbursement:
- Completed Reimbursement Request form (use Account Code 28612)
- Original itemized receipt(s)
- Official Business Purpose, benefit to PSU
- Names of attendees
- When hosting a large group (i.e. reception or event) – please attach the announcement and agenda of the gathering – names are not required.
- Original signatures – NO RUBBER STAMPS!
When in doubt PLEASE CALL Specialized Accounting Services at 503-725-8950.
For more information on PSU Hosting Guidelines, see section 6.080 – Hosting Groups and Official Guests (non-employees) and section 10.160 – Hosting Groups and Official Guests (Account Code 28612) at BAO_guide.
For detailed information on OUS Hosting Guidelines, see FASOM 13.01G at http://www.ous.edu/cont-div/fasom/sec13/sec1301.php.