Work with Meaning for Experienced Adults: Considering Nonprofit Encore Work?
This FREE workshop includes:
- A "Conversation" with Walter Jaffe and Paul, co-founders of the White Bird dance group, who will share their captivating, personal story about transitioning into the nonprofit world.
- Determining your "Readiness Level" for exploring nonprofit work.
- Learning how the "Career Process Really Works."
- Defining what you need to make your search successful.
- "Sharpening Your Nonprofit Job Search Tools:" Essential networking,resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills.
This meeting is for:
Experienced adults can attend this 2.5 hour practical workshop to be inspired and:
- Evaluate your readiness level for making a shift into nonprofit work.
- Gain suggestions on how to most efficiently use the October 24th Idealist Nonprofit Career Fair (held at PSU. For more information visit: http://www.idealist.org/fairs).
- Get a crash course in the skills you need to make the most of the fair.
When: Monday, October 22, 2007
Where: PSU Urban Center Building (2nd floor in Parson's Gallery)
Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Attendees are encouraged to take public transportation if possible. The Portland Street Car stops right in front of the Urban Center Building.
For more information and to register for this event, please follow this