PSU Students in Transportation Engineering and Planning (STEP) presents a panel discussion about challenges and opportunities for women in transportation. Panelists represent private and public agency planners and engineers and will discuss career paths, obstacles, balancing family and work, and advice for those just starting out.
Although panelists come from the transportation discipline, this panel could be valuable to women in any part of planning or engineering. Men are also encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity to introduce someone new to STEP. Lunch will be provided, as well as time for networking.
- Eileen Argentina, Portland Office of Transportation
- Cathy Nelson, Oregon Department of Transportation
- Tara Weidner, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Beth Wemple, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
- Bridget Weighart, Manager or Corridor and Freight Planning, METRO
Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2006
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Intelligent Transportation Systems Lab, Room 315, PSU Engineering Building, 1930 SW Fourth Avenue, Portland., OR 97201
For further information, please contact Professor Chris Monsere, (503) 725-9746; firstname.lastname@example.org.