Portland State University Center for Transportation Studies Fall 2005 Transportation Seminar Series presents Oregon Transportation Plan Update.
Speaker: Rex Burkholder, Metro Councilor
Time: Friday, October 28, 2005, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Location: PSU Urban Center Building, SW 6th and Mill, Room 204; see map.
- Email questions before or during the seminar to: email@example.com
- Participate LIVE via streaming video
- View future seminars and past archived seminars via streaming video
- Join the transportation LISTSERVE
The Oregon Transportation Plan (OTP) includes long-range policies for statewide bicycle and pedestrian facilities, public transportation, highways, waterways, airports, and railroads. It considers private and public facilities and the local, regional and state elements of the system. The OTP is the guiding document for state modal plans and local transportation system plans. It also establishes investment scenarios.
Come hear Rex Burkholder, Metro Councilor, on how the OTP is proceeding on its goals to:
- Achieve a safe, balanced, and efficient multimodal system;
- Foster economic development in a safe, energy efficient, and environmentally sound manner;
- Support livability;
- Provide a stable yet flexible finance system while working cooperatively with others.