This seminar will focus on sustainable tribal forestry management practices including how to utilize forest carbon credits, new market tax credits, forest stewardship council certification, and holistic watershed restoration strategies.
Participants will examine policy issues related to sustainable tribal forestry practices, including:
- Applying forest carbon credits - tribal case studies
- Using new market tax credits to purchase tribal lands
- Reinvesting into tribal natural resources and energy projects
- Using FSC certification for the benefit of tribal forest products
- Integrating watershed restoration activities
Includes a half day field tour to Ecotrust Garibaldi Forest.
Who Should Attend?
Tribal leaders and staff at various levels, including Tribal Council, Leaders, Committee and Commission Members, Management Staff, Elected Officials, and Attorneys.
More information at: www.pdx.edu/cps/sustainable-tribal-forestry-seminar