Please join PSU students, faculty, and staff for a celebration of our successes in sustainability during the 2008-2009 academic year.
WHAT: Portland State University's Annual Sustainability Celebration
WHEN: Friday, May 29, 3-5 p.m. Poster session and refreshments begin at 3 p.m. Program begins at 4 p.m. with remarks by PSU President Wim Wiewel.
WHERE: PSU Native American Student and Community Center (710 S.W. Jackson St.). For information on transit options, visit ride.trimet.org.
ABOUT: This annual celebration gives the PSU community an opportunity to recognize those individuals and efforts that have made this past year a transformative time for the University's many sustainability initiatives. The event includes:
• Poster session of those faculty and student projects funded by the James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation grants;
• Highlights from the year in sustainability across campus, including student group accomplishments;
• Recognition of graduating student cohorts in undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs focused on sustainability;
• Recognition of outstanding graduating student employees;
• Remarks from campus sustainability leaders and a look ahead at some of the exciting plans for 2009-2010.
This event is co-sponsored by the PSU Sustainability Office and the Center for Sustainable Processes and Practices. Please consider bringing your own mug or beverage container. For more information, call 503-725-8951.