Please mark your calendars, and prepare for a wonderful and challenging communication-building experience.
PSUnity's Diversity and Inclusion Workshop is a one-day program that NCBI and its affiliates have successfully implemented in schools and universities throughout the world, and PSUnity and the Center for Academic Excellence are excited to offer it now for PSU faculty and staff. This interactive and engaging workshop consists of activities that help participants
- Recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups
- Understand the personal impact of discrimination
- Enhance listening and communication skills for reducing conflict and misunderstanding
- Learn skills for dealing effectively with hurtful comments and behavior
- Identify internalized oppression, and Claim self-respect in group identity
To keep the energy up, we will serve a light breakfast of yogurt, bagels, and fruit and a cold buffet lunch.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, please RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Center for Academic Excellence at 503-725-5642. Be sure to state which date you would like to attend, as well as your name, phone number, and your Portland State departmental or student affiliation. Note: You need to sign up for only one workshop.