Self -Aware Enough? Do you recognize your own bias behaviors? Where they came from? What you really think about Diversity?
In keeping with the objectives of the President's Diversity Initiative to create an effective and welcoming environment for faculty, staff, and students, Student Activities and Leadership Programs is sponsoring a Diversity and Inclusion workshop facilitated by PSUnity. PSUnity's model is based on hearing people's stories, recognizing how our own histories affect our perceptions of others, and learning how to listen to people whose experiences differ from our own or with whom we disagree. The workshop focuses on personal experiences and interactions.
Attend the next upcoming workshop for students only on:
March 2nd 8:30-4pm, breakfast and lunch will be provided
To RSVP email Joelle Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your full name and email contact information in the body of the message.
PSUnity's Diversity and Inclusion Workshop is a one-day program of interactive and engaging activities that help participants:
- Recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups,
- Understand the personal impact of discrimination,
- Enhance listening and communication skills for reducing conflict and misunderstanding,
- Learn skills for dealing effectively with hurtful comments and behavior,
- Identify internalized oppression, and
- Claim self-respect in group identity.