Nominate your students to be PSU's 2011 Student Employee of the Year. The nomination form is online and can be found at http://tinyurl.com/2011-SEOTY
Nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 11, 2011. Being a regional and national competition, this deadline is rigid. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE STUDENT'S NAME OR ID IN THE APPLICATION. You will be contacted once your nomination has been submitted for the student's identifying information. The purpose of this is to ensure that the selection committee will not be biased for or against a particular nominee.
Questions should be directed to J.R. Tarabocchia at 503.725.4976 or email@example.com. Students who earn a regular wage or federal work study, stipend or academic service award, GAship or are another type of employee are eligible to receive this award. Students will be recognized at a reception for all student employees at 3 pm on Wednesday, April 13, 2011.
Here are 10 reasons why you should nominate your student to be PSU’s Student Employee of the Year:
- 10. You will motivate your entire staff to do a good job and produce quality work in an effort to get public recognition
- 9. Your student employee has the opportunity to be the state and regional award winner
- 8. You are rewarding your employee by giving them something they can put on their resume
- 7. You are putting your student employee into an elite group of the best employees on our entire campus
- 6. The winning department gets to display a plaque for one year
- 5. The top 5 students get an amazing gift basket with hundreds of dollars worth of prizes
- 4. Nominating a student employee looks good for you, your boss, and your department because you are demonstrating academic and student success to the entire campus
- 3. You and your student employee will be VIPs at the Hats Off! Recognition Ceremony in April
- 2. Your efforts help retention
- 1. You can officially call yourself an advocate for student employment