WHAT LSAMP Seminar for STEM Student Success is an excellent way for LSAMP freshmen students to prepare themselves for the challenges of a STEM major. It is also an important part of PSU's commitment to diversity. It expands opportunities for talented LSAMP-affiliated undergraduates, deepens their learning experiences, and maximizes their development both within and outside the classroom.
Upon successful completion of the seminar series, LSAMP Emerging Scholars will understand how to:
- Achieve at a high level in rigorous science, technology, engineering, and math courses
- Network and build relationships with diverse groups of peers, faculty, and staff
- Practice leadership skills
- Participate in successful study groups, review sessions, and seminars
- Write high impact resumes and market academic credentials, leadership abilities, and work experiences
- Prepare for an Undergraduate Research Opportunity (URO)
For more information email Dr. Lorna Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN Fall and Winter term (Seminar Series), Every other Friday, 2-4pm - Begins October 1, 2010