Join faculty and students of Portland State University and other business and community leaders as we learn, discuss and collaborate on how the technologies of the Smart Grid can support sustainable communities.
Morning Keynote Speakers
• What Does a Sustainable Community Look Like? Lynne Barker, Director, STAR Community Index
• Smart Grid 101: Can the Smart Grid Help Our Communities Become More Sustainable? Patrick Mazza, Director, Climate Solutions
Morning Small Group Learning Community Presentations & Table Discussions
• Operations & Infrastructure: Issues & Opportunities and the Smart Grid
• Central Station Renewable Generation, the Smart Grid, and Sustainability
Lunch keynote Speaker
• How Can University-Community Partnerships Support Sustainability and Sustainable Development? Dr. Wim Wiewel, PSU President
Afternoon Small Group Learning Community Presentations & Table Discussions
• Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, and the Smart Grid
• Distributed Generation, Electric Vehicles, Storage, and the Smart Grid
Who Should Attend:
Leaders in business, IT and communications, regulators, government, utilities, Smart Grid technology venders, planners, engineers, architects, home and building owners.
When: Thursday, June 18th, 2009
Where: PSU University Place (310 SW Lincoln, Portland, Oregon)
Time: 8:30 am – 4:45 pm
For more information follow:
To Register Now:
http://www.peopleware.net/index.cfm?siteCode=1343h& There is no charge for attending, but you must register in advance. Space is limited and registration requests will be accepted in the order they are received.
Portland General Electric
Portland State University Miller Grant
Portland State University Extended Studies
Portland State University Executive Leadership Institute