You are invited to attend an informational brown bag lunch session!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011 12:00 ‐ 1:00 p.m.
Department of Human Services (DHS)
Barbara Roberts Human Services Building, Room 160
500 Summer Street NE, Salem Or 97301
What is the EMPA Program?
The Executive MPA is a 45 quarter hour accelerated cohort program especially designed for ambitious and forward looking professionals who are ready to assume advanced leadership roles in public service.
Who is right for the EMPA?
The Program targets experienced professionals who have at least ten years of significant work experience and have already proven themselves to be successful managers of people, programs, budget, and organizational units.
How is the EMPA unique?
- Enroll as part of a cohort and build lasting and diverse professional relationships.
- Saturday class sessions make it easy to attend for students who live outside the Portland area.
- Personalized staff support enables you to focus exclusively on your coursework and build skills that are immediately relevant to your current responsibilities.
- Our program’s small size enables us to invest in your success, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- 2 years to graduate
- Unique field‐tested public service leadership model
- One week‐long national or international field experience (2008 Cohort – Lanzhou, China; 2009 Cohort – Seoul, Korea; 2010 Cohort – Vietnam)
Why should you apply?
Now more than ever, the vitality of the public sector cannot be taken for granted. The pressure to “do more with less” requires creative approaches to leadership development as well as heightened efforts to attract and develop next‐generation professional, managerial, leadership and technical talent. PSU’s Executive MPA can help you do more than merely survive the future: with a learning philosophy organized around the uniqueness of public service, our graduates develop the knowledge and skills to lead themselves, their organization and their community into a stronger future.