Event: Join the Portland State University Social Sustainability Colloquium for “An Ethic of Accountability in an Era of Scarcity: Acting in the Public Interest”
Location: University Center Building, Room 485 (527 S.W. Hall St.), Portland State University
Date: Friday, October 23, 2009, 1-3 p.m.
About the discussion: The central role of corporate management in society is facilitating the long term viability of a democratically governed society grounded in justice, equality, and trust and supported by sustainable natural, social, and economic systems.
Join us as a panel of business professionals explores the responsibilities of business and its professionals in creating and maintaining sustainable social systems in an era of scarcity:
• Ms. Rebecca Graham, CPA, President, RLG Group, former partner, KPMG.
• Mr. David Jordan, CPA, former Director, Financial Compliance, Nike
• Ms. Nancy A. Chafin, Attorney, Schwabe, Williamson, & Wyatt
• Ms. Mary Doyle, Manager, Ethics & Compliance Program Office, Intel
• Moderator: Dr. Jesse Dillard, Retzlaff Chair in Accounting, Portland State University
Sponsored by PSU’s Social Sustainability Network and the Center for Professional Integrity and Accountability.