Learn about a new tool acquired by Portland State Library that will help you keep track of references and sources and assist you in formatting your bibliography. This free tool is accessible to Portland State students, faculty and staff. Off-site authentication with the ODIN login and password is required.
The Library will be offering walk-in workshops throughout the year to introduce you to the basics of RefWorks. The first set of workshops will be held in Millar Library Room 160, on the first floor of the Library (across from the elevators). The workshops are first-come, first-served and will be limited to 20 people each.
These workshops are scheduled for:
Monday, November 13th: 11am-12noon | 160 Library
Tuesday, November 14th: 2:30-3:30pm | 160 Library
Thursday, November 16th: 11am-12noon | 160 Library
Friday, November 17th: 1:30-2:30pm | 160 Library
The Basics workshop will cover:
- Creating a RefWorks account that stores your source information
- Entering citations
- Importing citations from databases
- Creating folders and organizing imports
- Using RefWorks to create a bibliography
- Using RefWorks to create in-text citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word