Programs and Degrees Offered
The objective of ETM is to generate and transfer knowledge for making and implementing decisions which provide leadership in the management of engineering and technology. ETM addresses these issues at both the strategic and the operational levels of decision making.
ETM programs are designed for engineers and scientists moving toward technical management responsibilities while maintaining identity in their technology.
Choose from these Academic Programs and Degrees:
- Ph.D. in Technology Management
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Engineering and Technology Management
- Graduate Certificate in Technology Management
- Graduate Certificate in New Product Development (NPD) Management
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management of Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship
Admission Requirements for the ETM department:
Minimum admission requirements for the Engineering and Technology Management Department include the following:
- Degree in engineering or a related discipline from accredited academic institution.
- Minimum GPA for Masters degree admission: 2.75 undergraduate or 3.0 graduate (at least 12 credits). Minimum GPA for Ph.D. applicants: 3.0 undergraduate or 3.25 graduate.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in engineering or related discipline.
- A background in probability/statistics, differential equations, computer programming and linear algebra.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Minimum 550 TOEFL for applicants from foreign universities for Masters applicants, 575 for Ph.D. applicants (TOEFL requirement is waived for applicants who have received a college degree from Australia, English-speaking Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or the U.S.).
- GRE for Ph.D. applicants
(Under certain circumstances consideration is given to applicants who may not have satisfied all of the conditions above.)
Engineering and Technology Management courses are available to the students admitted to the department. A limited number of non-admitted students may also be given special permission to take select courses with permission of the professor or program director.
The admissions process for any of the Graduate Certificates in the Engineering & Technology Management department is the same as the admissions process for the MS degree.
Length of Program
Intended time to complete If taking one four-credit course per term: 1 year (Can vary based on courses taken.)
Cost of Program (Academic Year 15-16)
PSU Grad Tuition and fees: (4 Credit Courses):
- Oregon Resident - $1,812
- Non-Oregon Resident - $2,612
Total estimated cost for a Graduate Certificate Or completion of 16 graduate credits:
- Oregon Resident - $6,432*
- Non-Oregon Resident - $10,076*
Other required fees:
- $65 PSU application fee
- $325 PSU Graduate Matriculation Fee
- $21 PSU ID replacement card fee (first ID card is free)
- $30 OGS graduation fee
*) Does not include other required fees, parking/transportation fees or books & supplies
Books & supplies:
- Will vary widely depending on course; average of $100 per course
For the most up-to-date tutition & fees schedule, click on link below
*ETM tuition is on the Differential Programs - Graduate page, under Engineering & Comp. Science
PSU Tuition Calcucalator