With a dedicated group of faculty and staff committed to serving the lifelong learning needs of our diverse students, we offer a wide range of masters and doctoral degree specializations, licensure, graduate certificates and training programs. As a prospective student, here you will find information about scholarships, financial aid, and career paths.
Located in the heart of Portland, Oregon, the Educational Leadership and Policy Department in the Graduate School of Education (GSE) offers students a rich opportunity to learn and do research in an urban setting. Through outreach to communities across Oregon we provide quality educational programs that are convenient and responsive. We take seriously our mission to help meet the lifelong educational needs of diverse communities while encouraging democracy and social justice.
The GSE prepares professionals to be leaders in a variety of settings: public schools, libraries, counseling clinics, social service agencies, institutions of higher education, and adult education programs. We also influence practice and inform policy development through faculty and student research, program development, and problem solving.
Multicultural and inclusive education is a central focus. To that end, we:
- Actively recruit and support diverse students,
- Seek faculty who represent diversity and who have worked in multicultural settings,
- Monitor our curriculum and teaching to assure that we model and promote culturally responsive and reciprocal practices,
- Strive toward a supportive community, and
- Engage in professional development activities that encourage us to confront and challenge institutional racism.