PACE Master's Degree - Student Services Theme
This theme is designed primarily for Student Affairs professionals or those interested in a career in student affairs work in two- and four-year colleges and universities and related organizations serving adults.
Students wishing to specialize in Student Services must complete the PACE core courses, culminating experience, and 25 additional credits. Please work with your advisor to choose your elective credits (see Program of Study page).
These courses are highly recommended for the Student Services theme:
- ELP 525 Student Services in Higher Education
- ELP 526 Facilitating Student Success in Postsecondary Education
- ELP 527 Legal Issues in Higher Education
These courses are complementary to the recommended courses, although you may choose electives outside of the theme, including outside of the ELP department.
- ELP 521 Adult Learning and Motivation
- ELP 522 Teaching Diverse Learners
- ELP 523 Assessing Adult Learners
- ELP 528 Leadership in Postsecondary Education
- ELP 533 Planning and Budgeting in Postsecondary Education
- ELP 536 Postsecondary Curriculum
- ELP 538 Contemporary Issues in Postsecondary Education
- ELP 541 Community College
For information about the Student Affairs in Higher Education Graduate Certificate, see pdx.edu/elp/student-affairs-higher-education.