PACE Master's Degree - Service-Learning Theme
This theme is designed for students, faculty/instructors, administrators, and community partners/organizations who are interested in designing and conducting service-learning and community-based learning experiences.
Students wishing to specialize in Service-Learning must complete the PACE core courses, culminating experience, and 25 additional credits. Please work with your advisor to choose your elective credits (see Program of Study page).
These courses are highly recommended.
- ELP 542 Introduction to Service-Learning
- ELP 543 Service-Learning in Educational Leadership and Policy - metro
These courses are complementary to the recommended courses, although you may choose electives outside of the theme, including outside of the ELP department:
- ELP 521 Adult Learning and Motivation
- ELP 522 Teaching Diverse Adult Learners
- ELP 528 Leadership in Postsecondary Education
- ELP 536 Postsecondary Curriculum
- ELP 549 Service-Learning in Educational Leadership and Policy - International
For information about the Service-Learning and Community-Based Learning in Postsecondary Graduate Certificate, please see pdx.edu/elp/service-learning.