PACE Master's Degree - Adult Learning and Development Theme
This theme is designed to serve the needs of students who are primarily interested in adult learning in either educational or professional settings.
Students wishing to specialize in Adult Learning and Development must complete the PACE core courses, culminating experience, and 25 additional credits. Please work with your advisor to choose your elective credits (see Program of Study page).
These courses are highly recommended for the Adult Learning and Development theme:
- ELP 521 Adult Learning and Motivation*
- ELP 522 Teaching Diverse Adult Learners*
- ELP 523 Assessing Adult Learning*
These courses are complementary to the recommended courses, although you may choose electives outside of the theme, including outside of the ELP department:
- ELP 529 Principles of Training and Development
- ELP 536 Postsecondary Curriculum
- ELP 538 Contemporary Issues in Postsecondary Education
For more information about the Teaching Adult Learners Graduate Certificate, please see pdx.edu/elp/teaching-adult-learners-graduate-certificate.