Initial Administrator License (IAL) - Licensure Requirements
Candidates seeking recommendation from PSU for the Initial Administrator License must:
- Have completed the Initial Administrator License program at Portland State University
- Have received a passing score on the ORELA Administrator exam
- Have completed at least 3 years of successful full-time experience as a teacher or counselor at the time of application for the administrative license
- Apply for the Initial Administrator License within 1 year of completing the IAL program. Currency of your coursework is a consideration by TSPC in granting licensure. Contact the Graduate School of Education Licensure Office.
- Hold a valid first aid card and demonstrate knowledge of Oregon and federal anti-discrimination statutes.