Civic Engagement Immersion One-Day Seminar: Certificate and Credit Option
For students, faculty, administrators, and community partners interested in proven success strategies for effective civic engagement, service-learning, and community-based learning. Participants earn a Civic Engagement Professional Development Certificate from PSU.
Friday, June 27, 8:30am-4:30pm
Location: PSU Campus
Enjoy the Portland Farmer’s Market in the Park Blocks at PSU or visit travelportland.com to plan an entire weekend in Portland, Oregon.
Content for the seminar:
- Hallmarks of Effective Civic Engagement and Service-Learning
- Instructional Design and Reflection Strategies for Meaningful Serving and Learning
- Creating Collaborative, Reciprocal, and Sustainable Partnerships
- Institutional and Community Approaches Around the Globe
- Facilitating Intercultural Competence and Transformational Leadership
- Assessing Learning and Community Impact Outcomes
Registration for the seminar will open Monday, May 5, 2014.
Christine Cress, PhD, Professor of Postsecondary, Adult, and Continuing Education (PACE) at PSU and lead author of Learning through Serving: A Student Guidebook for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Across Academic Disciplines and Cultural Communities" and "Democratic Dilemmas of Teaching Service-Learning: Curricular Strategies for Success.
Stephanie Stokamer, EdD, director of civic engagement at Pacific University and winner of the Hands-On Portland Community Volunteer Award.
For more information, please contact: