ELP Department Guiding Principles
- We create and sustain educational environments that serve all students and address diverse needs.
- We encourage and model exemplary programs and practices across the life span.
- We build our programs on the human and cultural richness of the University's urban setting.
- We develop collaborative efforts that foster our mission.
- We challenge assumptions about our practice and accept the risks inherent in following our convictions.
- We develop our programs to promote social justice, especially for groups that have been historically disenfranchised.
- We strive to understand the relationships among culture, curriculum, and practice and the long-term implications for ecological sustainability.
- We model thoughtful inquiry as a basis for sound decision-making.
- We model and facilitate the effective use of technology to increase access to and support for teaching, learning, and research.