At a Glance: Trauma-Informed Services
Certificate of completion and workshops
Are you interested in acquiring specialized skills to work with people and organizations affected by trauma? Is crisis management a growing part of your work? If so, you are joining a growing number of local and national social service providers who recognize the impact of trauma. In this new program, you will receive training about the fundamentals and latest advances in this exciting new approach.
As a student in this series, you will:
- Explore effective techniques for working with clients in crisis
- Increase your understanding of the effects of trauma on individuals, families, groups, and organizations
- Be prepared to help clients build resiliency and find hope
Who is this for?
Staff at all levels of mental health, addictions, corrections, domestic violence, educational and other human service organizations.
- Face-to-face classes at PSU
- Nine days of core training in trauma-informed treatment and three days of electives in related topics
- Choose individual courses or take the entire certificate
- Start any time
Getting started in the workshops in the Trauma-Informed Services certificate at PSU is easy!
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- Register for the Trauma-Informed Services mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
No admission required
- Clinical Supervision Series
- Behavioral Healthcare Series
- Addictions Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Mental Health Graduate Certificate
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Certificate of Completion
- Issues and Innovations in Clinical Practice Series
- Marital, Couple and Family Counseling Graduate Certificate
- School Counseling Series
- Addiction Certification Board of Oregon
- Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Oregon State Board of Clinical Social Workers