PSU Consortium for Professional Education
Vision: Preparing professionals to work
effectively with all learners
The purpose of the GSE Consortium for Professional Education is to serve as an advisory body to Portland State University in review and evaluation of, and in making recommendation on the design, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of programs leading to licensure that are offered by the University.
The Consortium advises the unit on development, evaluation, and improvement of the program.
- The consortium consists of equal representation of teachers appointed by school district organizations that represent teachers in bargaining matters, public school administrators, students in the program and faculty from the institution. In addition, representatives from the community may be appointed with attention given to underrepresented groups.
- The consortium has bylaws that govern its operation.
- The consortium meets at least twice each year to review and evaluate the program, activities and annual reports and receives written response from the unit regarding recommendations.
The membership of the Consortium shall consist of equal representation of:
- Teachers appointed by school district organizations that represent teachers in bargaining matters
- Public school administrators, recommended by district administrators
- Students admitted to GSE professional education programs recommended by Graduate School of Education faculty or staff
- PSU faculty, selected by the dean of the Graduate School of Education
PSU Consortium for Professional Education 2012-13 Roster
James Hiu, Director, Secondary Education, Gresham-Barlow School District
Mark Moser, Administrator for Certified Personell, Beaverton School District
Yuki Monteith, Associate Superintendent, Clark County School District
Teri Geist, Principal, Beverly Cleary School, Portland Public Schools
Joyce Woods, Principal, Durham Elementary School, Tigard-Tualatin School District
Lynne Blanchard, South Meadows Middle School - ESL, Hillsboro School District
Kelly Cutler, Mill Park Elementary School, David Douglas School District
Sabrina Flamoe, Rowe Middle School, North Clackamas School District
KD Parman, George Middle School, Portland Public Schools
Lydia Poole, Ed Supervisor/AP, Portland Public Schools Head Start
Rob Roeser, CLAS, Psychology
Barb Ruben, GSE, Curriculum & Instruction/SDEP
Nicole Rigelman, GSE, Curriculum & Instruction/GTEP
Gwen Shusterman,CLAS, Chemistry
Deb Miller-Allen, Doctoral, EdD
Randy Hitz, Dean of the Graduate School of Education
Liza Finkel, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Graduate School of Education
Yuki Monteith, Associate Superintendent, Teaching and Learning, Clark County ESD 112