We offer doctoral and master's degrees and extensive teaching, counseling, and administrative licensure programs, certificates, and professional development opportunities for both prospective and current educators, administrators, and human services practitioners.
Each year we help prospective P-20 educators and counselors learn the skills and develop the tools to educate and counsel others, and we provide current educators and counselors with the knowledge to advance their career and further hone their talents.
- A master’s degree
- A doctoral degree
- A teaching, administrative, or counseling license
- A graduate certificate
- A certificate of completion
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Professional development
GSE faculty and staff are eager to answer your questions about our programs. You are invited to participate in a group advising session or meet with a program adviser individually (view advising website for details). Our advising sessions will help you find the program that meets your personal interests and professional goals in one of our five departments:
- Curriculum and Instruction (CI)
- Special Education (SPED)
- Counselor Education (COUN)
- Educational Leadership and Policy (ELP)
- Continuing Education (CEED)
Upon graduation you’ll have a respected degree employers trust, accredited by:
- NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education)
- TSPC (Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission)
- CACREP (Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs)
- CORE (Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Education)
- NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
Hear what some of our recent graduates have to say about our programs:
Current human services practitioners and educators
Whether you want to add an endorsement or an authorization level to your current license, earn a new degree, meet licensure and CE requirements, or just take additional courses, the GSE can help you meet your goals.
Scholarships and financial aid
A variety of financial aid and scholarship options are available to students and potential students to help make your GSE education possible.